In 2017, there were 128,188 reported car crashes in Pennsylvania, and 270,231 in New Jersey. REMCO Insurance will make sure you’re covered in case of an accident.
On America’s roads, safety is always a concern—particularly in cities like Philadelphia where car accidents are fairly common. It’s difficult to get around the fact that Philadelphia is Pennsylvania’s sixth most populous city, but as a result it’s a simple task to find insurance to keep you safe. Accidents happen, and Auto insurance in Philadelphia is what covers our finances when they do. Your automobile insurance policy can support you in the event of an auto accident, whether it’s your fault or someone else’s. Philadelphia drivers need more than just affordable auto insurance—they need comprehensive coverage that will protect adequately.
Is Car Insurance Required?
In short, yes. Pennsylvania and New Jersey require residents to have auto insurance, though there are differences in names and coverage. The options for auto insurance in Pennsylvania are “Limited Tort” and “Full Tort,” while New Jersey calls these “Verbal Threshold” and “Zero Threshold.” The former (limited tort and verbal threshold) both offer a limited amount of coverage compared to the latter (full tort and zero threshold), which are more like full coverage.
Pennsylvania’s Auto Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Medical benefits
- First party benefits
Спасибо большое Георгию за помощь в оформлении страховки,все четко ,понятно.Георгий всегда на связи и отвечает на любые вопросы
July 25, 2022
John is super helpful! I highly recommend Remco
July 25, 2022
Рекомендую!!! Георгий очень внимательный и отзывчивый. На все свои вопросы я получила ответы. Вид страхования и его стоимость получила как и было обещано.
July 25, 2022
Great service, special shout to Irina for helping me with a quote. Fast, honest and trustworthy!
July 25, 2022
Special thanks to George and Irina. They helped me out and I'm very glad I talked to them. They didn't waste time or beat around the bush. They got me a great quote for my house and car insurance. I'd definitely recommend giving them a call for a quote. In a time where customer service is king, these two are definitely up there when I have any questions or need help.
July 25, 2022
Jay and his team have been awesome people to work with! Very genuine in what they do and truly care about having a positive impact on their clients and the local community. Highly recommend working with Remco!
July 11, 2022
Здравствуйте, хочу выразить огромную благодарность Георгию. Он нам помог открыть страховку. Хочу отметить высокий профессионализм Георгия, очень доступно все объяснил и подобрал лучший вариант для нас.
July 1, 2022
Здравствуйте, хочу поблагодарить Георгия за помощь в оформлении мед. Страховки! Я с ребенком нахожусь недавно в США и совершенно не знаю как оформляются страховки и всё остальное! Сколько нужно за это платить и тд ! Пошла в ближайшее место по страховкам и там насчитали за оформление (400$),Тк пока без работы и каждый доллар на счету и перед принятием любого решения взвешиваю, решила отложить этот вопрос и ещё искать информацию! когда я на fb увилела объявление о том, что Георгий помогает с оформлением страховки для украинцев бесплатно, я набрала Георгия и этот человек уделил мне время, спокойным голосом всё рассказал, разжевал буквально пошагово и всё оформил! Даже затронули тему от куда я( такое чисто человеческое отношение). Такой отклик и такая поддержка настолько выручает! Я очень благодарна, что есть такие люди, которые помогают другим тем, чем они могут! Особенно в такое время! Это так важно! Для таких , как я , (а таких очень много)это такая рука помощи и такое подспорье! Ещё раз благодарю!
June 1, 2022
Guys are great. They keep up with the times and do not lag behind like others. They quickly did their job. we are very satisfied.
May 28, 2022
New Jersey’s Auto Insurance Requirements;
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
In the event of an accident or theft, auto insurance is a deal between you and the insurance provider that covers you financially. The insurance provider typically covers the damages as outlined in the contract in return for the consumer paying a monthly premium.
Let’s explore the factors to consider when putting together the right coverage for your car, and how to pick a reliable car insurance company that can manage your claims if an accident occurs to protect yourself without overpaying. The mass of information can be overwhelming at first, but going through it step by step makes it a lot more manageable.
There are different coverage options when it comes to your auto insurance. Usually, a basic auto insurance policy will include:
In case you cause an accident, this coverage provides protection if the victim decides to sue.
This pays for the damage you may cause to someone else’s vehicle or other property.
This insurance may pay for medical bills in the event of an accident. It is required in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Provides coverage for damage done to your car not caused by a collision.
This covers you if you’re at fault for a collision with another car or object.
Protects you in the case of an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Apart from basic car insurance, one should also think about pursuing more comprehensive auto insurance if they can afford it. Better coverage can be vital during tough times.
Book an Appointment
We’d love to speak with you!
Is Auto Insurance a Legal Requirement
Every motor vehicle that is driven or parked on Pennsylvania roads must be insured. Proof of insurance must be kept in the vehicle at all times and be present when:
- Law enforcement requests it.
- Renewing vehicle license.
- The vehicle was involved in an accident.
The average cost of car insurance varies from state to state. States may mandate that car owners have:
- Bodily harm coverage: this protection covers the expenses of accidents or deaths incurred by you or another driver while driving the insured vehicle. The minimum provisions for private passenger vehicles are $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident (BI) for bodily injury insurance coverage.
- Property damage liability: Pays for damage caused by the person operating the insured vehicle to another vehicle/property, such as a fence, house, or utility pole. In Philadelphia, the minimum amount for property damage liability coverage is $5,000.
- Medical compensation or personal injury prevention (PIP): A form of insurance that reimburses you for medical costs incurred by the driver or the passengers in the insured vehicle. It would also cover lost income and other costs associated with the case. In Philadelphia, the medical coverage for you and whoever else was present in the car regardless of fault would be $5,000.
- Uninsured motorist policy: Reimburses you when an accident is caused by an uninsured driver—or in the case of a hit-and-run. You may also buy underinsured motorist coverage, which would pay for damages if another driver does not have sufficient insurance to cover high accident costs.
Most states in the United States provide basic personal auto insurance. Auto Insurance in Philadelphia provides individually priced coverage that allows you to tailor coverage amounts to your particular needs and budget.
If you want high coverage, consider raising your liability limits and highlighting the following coverage:
- Med pay
- Underinsured motorist
Not all the options available will be equally relevant to you. Choose your auto insurance agency wisely and save money on your premium while remaining financially secure.
Policies are usually issued for six months or a year and are reversible. When it’s time to amend your policy and pay your fee, the insurance provider will give you a note. If you have also opted for health insurance, then all hardships due to car accidents can be easily managed.
Who is covered by my auto insurance policy, and under what conditions?
Car Insurance Philadelphia will protect you and other family members, whether you’re driving your own car or someone else’s (with their permission). Your policy also protects you if you allow someone who isn’t on your policy to drive your car with your permission.
- Whether you’re commuting to work, doing errands, or taking a ride, your personal auto policy only includes personal driving. If you use the vehicle for business needs, such as delivering pizzas, it will not provide security.
- Your personal auto insurance will not protect you if you use your vehicle to offer transportation through a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft. However, several auto insurers are also providing (at an extra cost) supplemental insurance plans that expand coverage to car owners that provide ride-sharing services.
Tips for Finding and Taking Advantage of Auto Insurance Discounts
Insurance discounts are available from a variety of commercial auto insurance brokers. However, many customers don’t know about these offers or even remember to ask about them. As a car insurance customer, being thorough will save you a lot of money over your policy duration. Discounts on car insurance can generally be divided into three categories:
- Discounts for the driver
The car insurance Philadelphia residents have access to offers substantial amounts of discounts for the driver. Having a clean driving record, with no speeding tickets, traffic violations, or injuries is normally needed to prove an individual to be a responsible driver. Auto insurance incentives are frequently available for factors such as the driver’s age and experience, becoming a college graduate, and being a homeowner.
- Policy related discounts
If you’re a renter or a homeowner, you can typically save money by purchasing renters or homeowners’ policies from the same firm that handles your automobile insurance. There could also be discounts for paying your car insurance premiums in full rather than in monthly installments, setting up an automatic electronic payment through your checking account, and/or opting for paperless billing.
- Automobile-related discounts
Many companies offer reduced rates specific to the vehicle that is being covered, in addition to driver and policy-related discounts. Vehicle security and safety features such as airbags, anti-lock braking, vehicle recovery systems, and anti-theft devices can help you save on car insurance as well.
Choosing an Auto Insurance Company
Selecting the appropriate coverage is just the first step. If you want to increase the chances of your claims being covered, you must also select a good insurance provider. When choosing an auto insurer, look for the attributes mentioned below:
- Reasonable & Reliable- Insurance firms should be trustworthy and have adequate coverage for the fees they charge. There isn’t much of a price gap between insurance firms in some jurisdictions because of state laws. Companies will, however, quote different rates for comparable coverage in most states.
- Coverage of Vehicle at all Times- Because of their lower overhead costs, many independent insurance firms offer lower rates than the large ones. But when an accident happens and the victim files an insurance claim, certain businesses may be difficult or uncooperative. “It’s not included in your policy,” they might say. That’s not what you want to hear when you’ve been paying your premiums for months and need them. Also, avoid using a local insurance company that does not cover accidents outside of the state.
What do you ask your agent?
Your American Independent Car Insurance agent is your representative when it comes to seeking car insurance that suits your needs. Here are some things to think about as you prepare for the conversation:
- What is the maximum amount you can afford to pay in the event of an accident? (You can choose to have a higher deductible and opt to pay more for maintenance to keep your premiums low).
- What is the quality of service and willingness to payout claims provided by the insurance company?
- What kind of discounts are there? (Ask about discounts for good drivers, various policies, and students.)
Can I Make Changes to My Policy at Any Time?
You don’t always have to wait until your policy is up for renewal in order to change it. We know that life happens and insurance needs can change in the blink of an eye. Maybe you added your teenager’s car onto the policy or you decide you’d like extra glass coverage. No problem!
Of course, there are some exceptions. When moving across state lines, it’s likely that you may have to cancel your policy and begin a new one even if you remain with the same carrier. If you’re moving from New Jersey to Pennsylvania or vice versa, you may not necessarily have to switch coverage, but you will want to speak with your agent to make sure you have the best car insurance for the move.
What Factors Are Determining My Insurance Rates?
There are several different elements that may influence your auto insurance. These include:
Gender and age, marital status, location, credit score, and profession all play a factor. If you live in the city, your rate will most likely be higher than someone who lives out in the country with less cars.
Newer cars may cost more to insure than their older counterparts. Small cars are generally considered less safe, so they may have a higher premium to cover for incidents that possibly cause more damage.
Your driving record is important to your insurance company, as it shows them your history and habits as a driver. If you have a bad driving record filled with accidents and tickets or have multiple DUIs, your premiums can skyrocket and remain high for years after the event.
What is Gap Insurance and Is It Included?
Gap insurance is just what it sounds like. When you have auto insurance, your insurance will max out at a certain amount. The gap is the money that the insurance doesn’t cover that you must pay out of pocket—unless you have gap insurance. Gap insurance is optional coverage that typically isn’t included in basic auto insurance.
Get in Touch Today
Remco Insurance Services proudly insure residents and businesses, ensuring every customer’s right coverage based on their needs and requirements. Different types of automobiles require various forms of insurance schemes. We help our clients select a policy that will provide the best protection for their vehicles.
Thank you for your interest in Remco Insurance Services, we proudly insure residents and businesses. Contact us today at 215.357.7878 to get started with superior service, coverage and the best rates.